- Rid your car of unnecessary cargo. Avoid carrying items on your roof. Mileage will rise 2% for every 100 pounds removed from the vehicle.
- Keep tires properly inflated to improve gas mileage by more than 3%.
- Stop aggressive driving. Speeding, rapid acceleration and rapid braking all waste gas mileage by as much as 33% at highway speeds.
- Clogged air filters can decrease gas mileage by 10 percent. Just change it.
- Fixing a serious maintenance problem, such as a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve your mileage by as much 40%.
- Speeding wastes gas—and money. Each mile per hour you drive over 60 is like paying an extra 10 cents per gallon.
- Use the manufacturer’s suggested grade of motor oil—save another 1-2%.
- Keep your car properly tuned up to improve gas mileage about 4%.
- Wash ECO—we use recycled water and biodegradable wash solutions